Congrats! You decided to learn Spanish in Lima! But what program should you register for? In this article, we provide you with different tips and recommendations to help you choose the best Spanish program to match your needs, preferences, and learning objectives.
Best Spanish program for short stays
If you are looking to learn as much as possible but you only have a couple of weeks available to stay in Lima and learn Spanish, our top recommendation for you is to sign up for our Super-Intensive Immersion Program, in which you will be studying Spanish every day for 6 hours from Monday to Friday, which also means that you’ll be learning Spanish for 30 hours a week.
This program offers a combination of 4 hours of Small Group Classes in the mornings from 9 am to 1 pm, and Private Classes in the afternoon from 2 pm to 4 pm (lunch break is from 1 pm to 2 pm. There’s also a short break at 11 am for Small Group Classes).
- By being in a small group you will be able to improve your conversational skills in a more natural and encouraging way, while also tending to your specific goals during your afternoon private classes.
- Small group classes at our Spanish School in Lima are held with a maximum of 5 people per class, however, most of the time our small groups are carried with 3 to 4 people only, which is the perfect class size to maximize your class participation, interaction with your peers, and receive lots of dedicated attention from your Spanish teacher.
- On the other hand, private classes will allow you to maximize your learning experience by being able to focus on your specific learning goals or customize your class to tackle specific areas of improvement, such as grammar, conversational skills, pronunciation, etc.
Best Spanish program for cost/benefit balance
If you aren’t in a rush to learn Spanish while you travel abroad but you still want to make solid progress learning Spanish in Lima, our recommendation is to sign up for our Intensive Immersion Program held in a small group class.
This is our Spanish school’s most popular program and the favorite choice of many of our students for some of the following advantages:
- Excellent cost/benefit: You will receive a top-notch education at an affordable cost.
- 4 hours of classes a day are an excellent amount of lessons to have very sustainable and consistent progress of your Spanish skills, while also having the afternoons for yourself explore Lima.
- The number of students per class is perfect. Not too big, not too small. Just the right number of students to sustain an excellent and natural flow of conversation/debate, while also having lots of opportunities to participate (groups are capped to 5 students, however, most of the time our groups are carried out with only 3 or 4 students).
- Achieve excellent progress: With this program, you will be able to move from beginner to advanced in as few as 18 weeks. That’s the beauty of learning Spanish abroad and getting fully immersed.
Best program for specific learning goals
✅To fill gaps:
Very commonly, those at higher levels discover certain areas of improvement that are preventing them from moving to their next level of fluency, and that’s where private Spanish classes come in handy, as you’ll be able to review specific topics that you may still find challenging and quickly fill in the gaps of your knowledge with the help of a professional Spanish teacher.
💼For professional purposes:
Our Spanish School in Lima offers a wide variety of Spanish programs for professional purposes to help you cope with the specific language needs of your line of work, whether you’re in the medical field, business, law, education, or any other area.
Some students who come to us have already taken Spanish classes before but never really learned how to apply what they know in a professional context. That’s where our Spanish programs for specific purposes come into play, as it’s designed to help you learn the language skills that are most relevant and useful for your line of work.
You may read more information about our Spanish for doctors program, our Spanish for lawyers program, and our Spanish for business program on our Spanish School website.
📝To pass a test/get a diploma:
If you need to pass a test or get a Spanish certificate for professional or educational purposes, we can help you too (for instance, when signing up for a University program in a Spanish-speaking country, you’d need to submit either a B2 or C1 level diploma).
We offer special programs to help you prepare for the DELE exam (Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language) and prepare for the SIELE exam (International Spanish Language Evaluation Service), also, our Spanish School in Lima is proudly an official SIELE examining center, so you may learn Spanish in Lima and pass your SIELE test, all in the same place.